Emisha is a young and innovative company bringing technology and success to small businesses globally. Our mission is to bring businesses easily into the new century while allowing owners to focus on what they do best. Our work environment is fun and easy going but productive and progressive. We believe in making the world a better place as well as our communities and our goal is ensuring we are doing our best in the office and out.
We are looking for a Back-End Web Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your coworkers into the application. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end developer with server-side logic.
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
Skills and Qualifications
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors, such as LESS and SASS
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes.
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Setup and administration of backups
- Outputting data in different formats
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop and optimizing output to match the specific platform.
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GitHub and other tools.
- Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles
- Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment
- Bachelor’s degree or above in a relevant field or adequate relevant real-world experience.
- Experience with inventory management, point of sale and ecommerce projects.
- Open in the use of new and future technologies.
|Entry Level - Experienced
|Varies Based on Experience