Emisha is a young and innovative company bringing technology and success to small businesses globally. Our mission is to bring businesses easily into the new century while allowing owners to focus on what they do best. Our work environment is fun and easy going but productive and progressive. We believe in making the world a better place as well as our communities and our goal is ensuring we are doing our best in the office and out.
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Develop new user-facing features.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
Skills And Qualifications
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Experience with inventory management, point of sale and ecommerce projects.
- Open in the use of new and future technologies.
Note: A UI/UX designer is expected to deliver finished resources for the developer to incorporate into the app. However, quite often a front-end web developer needs to make some small adjustments.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Previous experience with Laravel and other frameworks. As well as JQuery and other stack tools.
- Bachelors or higher or adequate relevant experience.